Seeking youth, 18-29 years old, to be part of our cross-cultural youth volunteer programme
In Cambodia, ICS runs projects in the north-eastern part of the country. Together with 12 other young Cambodians, you will spend three months working alongside twelve youth from the United Kingdom (UK) in a team to tackle issues that really matter to the local community. We are currently recruiting for our next cycle, which will start in march 2015. Please visit http://www.volunteerics.org/vso-cambodia for more information on the program.
ICS is an opportunity to develop valuable life skills and gain some amazing experiences. As an ICS volunteer, you will:
- Develop skills in English language, teamwork, communication, monitoring and evaluation, problem-solving, leadership, (project) management, facilitation, presentation skills, field work, and writing reports
- Live alongside a counterpart from the UK in a host home in the community and gain more understanding about cross culture communication
- Receive a monthly allowance of $US 128 (plus medical insurance and accommodation)
- Receive a certificate of completion at the end (useful for your future career)
To apply you will need to be:
- 18-29 years of age
- Flexible, open-minded and with a strong commitment to learning
- Healthy, fit, and able to commit to an active 3 month volunteering experience
- Have basic verbal English language skills and be willing to improve during the programme
- Able to commit to be away from home and participate full time in the programme for 12 weeks
We have projects starting in 11 Jun 2015.
Deadline for applications is 5pm 10 May 2015
Contact Mr. Leap Chetra by email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 012 21 61 33 (working hour: 7am-5pm, Monday-Friday).
CHALLENGE YOURSELF TO CHANGE THE WORLD!
|VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. VSO has been working in Cambodia since 1991. We bring people together to share skills, build capacities, and promote solidarity, understanding and action to change lives to build a fairer world.|